When you’re headed out on a big trip and are planning on traveling, whether it’s for a few days or a few weeks, and to any location in either your country or the world, there are some beauty essentials you should never leave home without. Saying Bon Voyage to your fave beauty essentials doesn’t have to be the case. Today, Lionesse is going to be talking about those beauty essentials you should always have on hand when you’re traveling – no matter where the wind is blowing you.
Skin Care Items
Some of the most important aspects of beauty when traveling revolve around taking very good care of your skin. When you’re traveling, and exposing your skin to various elements within the air that you aren’t used to being exposed to, or various pollutants, it’s very important to take extra special care of your skin to keep it feeling as normal as possible. A lot of times, women seem to forgo their skin care routines while traveling – and that’s never a good idea. The stress of travel, even if you’re having fun, really does take a toll on your body – and your skin can and will express that in various ways, such as excess oil production, acne, and even small skin bumps that cause annoyances to you, more than anything. Some of the essentials you should never leave home without are as follows:
- Facial Cleanser and Moisturizer – Cleansers and moisturizers help to keep your skin clean and hydrated all day and night long. Be sure to cleanse once in the morning, followed by an application of moisturizer, plus cleanse once at night to remove any product and pollutants from your pores.
- Unscented Lotion – Lotions are important to keep the skin hydrated throughout the day.
- Body Scrub – Body scrubs are needed to exfoliate all over, if you are to be traveling for more than a week.
- Facial Peel – Facial peel or facial polish to exfoliate your face, if you are traveling for more than one week.
- Travel-Sized Shampoo and Conditioner – Make sure it’s enough to last you for your trip.
- Sunscreen – You need to pack a sunscreen to protect your skin from those harmful UV rays that you certainly don’t want to be exposed to.
Some of the beauty items you would never leave home without are most certainly on the list of things you should bring with you when traveling, but there are also some items you may not have even thought to pack into your travel bag. Here is a list of some of the items you will want to have with you, plus a few items you should never be without:
- BB Cream – If you’ve never tried it, it will change your life! Rather than packing 5 or more products into your beauty bag, you only need this one product to target your face to get the job done. BB Cream perfects your pores to give them a minimal appearance, smoothes the skin, acts as a primer, foundation, and even a moisturizer all in one.
- Makeup Palette – Opting for your favorite makeup palette, which includes a myriad of colors all in one, is a much smarter option than packing up a bunch of eyeshadows, blushers, and highlighters into one bag. The great thing about a palette is the hard casing they come in – they’re virtually unbreakable, and you can’t lose any of your shades by keeping them all together in its handy case. Whether you’re feeling like a natural toned look, or something a bit more colorful, a palette will give you plenty of room for options.
- Makeup Brushes – Brushes are an essential to proper makeup application. Choose a travel set, or pack up your favorites that you just can’t be without.
- Heat Styling Tools – If you’re a flat iron user, or a girl who loves blowouts or both – be sure to bring your travel sized heat tools with you.
- Travel Mani Set – When you chip a nail while out and about while on your travels, it’s a great idea to keep a little travel mani set with you in your purse. You may need to pack this one in your checked baggage if you’re flying, due to the fact that TSA guidelines more than likely won’t allow this on board in a piece of carry-on baggage.
- Perfume – Sometimes, all it takes is just a little spray of something nice to refresh and revive your senses. Pack a travel-sized mini spray in your beauty bag to give you something to smile about, and also, keep you smelling fresh throughout the day.
- Lip Gloss and Lipstick – Choose to bring a moisturizing lip gloss or lip oil, and a neutral-toned lip shade with you on your travels to refresh a dry pout and add some color.
- Hair Serum and Hairspray – Travel sized mini versions of these products are a must have to tame flyaways and create your perfect style.
- Other Essentials – Other essentials you should always have on hand are mascara, eyeliner, makeup removal wipes, and sunblock for your hair and body.