If you’ve been finding that you just don’t have the time necessary to devote to working out that you may have in earlier days, you’re not alone. A faster-paced life, coupled with a bunch of added responsibilities wind up absorbing more of your awake time and energies than you can handle. Then, try adding in a suitable 45 to 60 minute workout and you’re dead in the water. The following exercises have been developed with the busy woman in mind, and they’re not only highly effective at targeting the areas you want to work the most, but they are most likely accomplishable in a much shorter time period than any you used to perform to get the same results.
This group of butt exercises targets your gluteus maximus. medius, hamstrings and hip abductors, and come with a time requirement of minimal duration.
- The Arabesque: Standing with feet extended out the width of your hips, with your right arm reaching upward above you. Extend your right leg back, lifting about 5 inches, with the knee toward the floor, toes pointed. Lower and repeat. Do a total of 15 reps. Repeat same on the other side.
- The Butt Kicker: On all fours, lift right leg just to height of hip, knee bent 90 degrees and foot flexed. Push your foot up toward the ceiling, keeping lower leg above the knee, and lower back to hip height. Do 30 reps, and switch to do the other side.
Total Body 20 Minute Workout
This workout consists of compound mat exercises that work several muscles simultaneously with military boot camp intensity for fast results. Ideal for firming up arms, abs, glutes and thighs, and is performed on a yoga mat.
- Jacknife (shoulders, triceps, abs, arms and legs) Begin sitting on the floor with knees bent, palms beside you on the floor, and feet flat. Lean backward to 45 degrees and push up with your arms while you lift your butt off the floor a few inches. Extend your left leg forward a couple of inches from the floor. Raise your extended leg upward higher toward the ceiling while bending your elbows slightly. Lower leg down almost to floor while straightening your arms, and then lift your hips up until you create a straight line with your body, running from head to left heel, with right knee slightly bent. Return to the start position. Do a total of 8 reps, and then switch sides.
- Triceps Press Plus (shoulders, triceps, chest, abs, arms and legs) Start this one on all fours, and extend your right leg extended out behind you at hip level. Bend elbows directly behind you, and with your arms close beside your body, lower your chest down toward the floor. Push yourself back up. Perform this exercise a total of three times, and while your right leg is still lifted, press into your left forefoot while straightening your left leg and bring your right knee up under you toward your nose, keeping your back nicely rounded. That’s one rep. Do a total of four of these, and then switch sides.
- Twister (back, abs, hips, butt, arms and thighs) Stand, feet together, with elbows by your sides and bent. Position your hands in front of your chest, with your palms facing. Squat as you extend your arms downward to the outside of your right side hip. Move back to the start position and switch sides. Do four of these, total. Return to start, extending your arms toward your left hip, like you would be praying. Move into a squat quickly while twisting your torso to the right. Left elbow should touch the outside of right thigh. Switch sides, and do a total of 2 sets of four reps, one side, then another.